For English-speaking visitors

maxxim

Administrator
Город
Киев
BMW Ukrainian Club will be glad to communicate with you. If you have some questions or proposals, you'll be welcome here.

NorriS

Пользователь
Город
Киев
If you have any questions or proposals....

M5Proud

Страна
Украина
Город
Киев
in case the questions would be at all))

Dime

Пользователь
Город
Киев
Talking without me? Usually, I don't have questions; rather, I give out answers. Feel everyone free to ask, if in English. Just in case:)))

FX35

Пользователь
Город
Киев
Half year passed. There were no questions....:biggrin:

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
JOINING THE FORUM

I think it is time to use this thread!
Please excuse the English. I am trying to learn Russian (and some Ukrainian) but it is difficult at my age. I come from Australia and have recently moved to Ukraine to get married and live in your country. My new wife and I are settling in Ivano-Frankvis'k. I am 68 years and retired with Australian pension. I used to be a home builder/constructor but also spent 14 years in the Australian Army as an Infantry soldier.

Although I live in Ukraine, I still own a 1989 E34 B10 Alpina (stored in Australia) and will be looking to buy, maybe Spring 2013. I will have some questions to ask in the future. :bye:

M5Proud

Страна
Украина
Город
Киев
I think it is time to use this thread!
Please excuse the English. I am trying to learn Russian (and some Ukrainian) but it is difficult at my age. I come from Australia and have recently moved to Ukraine to get married and live in your country. My new wife and I are settling in Ivano-Frankvis'k. I am 68 years and retired with Australian pension. I used to be a home builder/constructor but also spent 14 years in the Australian Army as an Infantry soldier.

Although I live in Ukraine, I still own a 1989 E34 B10 Alpina (stored in Australia) and will be looking to buy, maybe Spring 2013. I will have some questions to ask in the future. :bye:

Hi Jim,

I live in small city near Frankovs! It would be great to meet you as we are BMW enthusiasts:)

At the moment I am leaving to Kiev for vacation, but at january, 8, i will get back.

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
Thank you KGB, I have no car yet but it would be good to speak sometime.

Xacho

Пользователь
Город
Николаев
Jim, you have not car its not very bead!
Teake TAXI and you can meet KGB!!!;)

Last edited:

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY... :yahoo::party:

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
QUESTIONS ABOUT IMPORTING

BMW Ukrainian Club will be glad to communicate with you. If you have some questions or proposals, you'll be welcome here.
Hello all I hope celebrations went well. I am EXTREMELY busy with documentation all over the country but will slow soon I hope.

I have been having some trouble getting into this site, is it open 24 hours a day? Yes? No?
Also right now I have some trouble getting the page to translate to English, it goes back to Russian and kicks me off.... but it appears it may work so I will try quickly as I am about to leave Zhytomyr, go to Kiyv and tomorrow Ivano-Frankvis'k. WHEW!!!

I may be getting close to buying a car but I see some serious items;
1. Are there problems importing from Europe? Germany?

2. What is the oldest a car must be for permanent import?

3. I am not a citizen but my wife is, Problems there, too?

I read much and see many problems, so I worry.
The car I want is for private use and not for sale. I will need it for travel to doctor and hospital and not for business.

That will do for now, I must run, will check email tomorrow.
Thank you for reading.
Jim

Yan

Пользователь
Город
Киев
Hello all I hope celebrations went well. I am EXTREMELY busy with documentation all over the country but will slow soon I hope.

I have been having some trouble getting into this site, is it open 24 hours a day? Yes? No?
Also right now I have some trouble getting the page to translate to English, it goes back to Russian and kicks me off.... but it appears it may work so I will try quickly as I am about to leave Zhytomyr, go to Kiyv and tomorrow Ivano-Frankvis'k. WHEW!!!

Sometimes the site seems to have some operating troubles, it is not an issue of your PC.

I may be getting close to buying a car but I see some serious items;
1. Are there problems importing from Europe? Germany?

2. What is the oldest a car must be for permanent import?

3. I am not a citizen but my wife is, Problems there, too?

I read much and see many problems, so I worry.
The car I want is for private use and not for sale. I will need it for travel to doctor and hospital and not for business.

That will do for now, I must run, will check email tomorrow.
Thank you for reading.
Jim

1. No problems, but some cobwebs to be taken into account.
2. It is no limits here now.
3. The best way to import a car is not to be a resident, since you avoid a plenty of duties. So it is not a problem, even an advantage.

Good luck with this idea!
Hope other comrades will give you more detailed explanation.

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
1. No problems, but some cobwebs to be taken into account.
2. It is no limits here now.
3. The best way to import a car is not to be a resident, since you avoid a plenty of duties. So it is not a problem, even an advantage.

Good luck with this idea!
Hope other comrades will give you more detailed explanation.

Thanks Yan, good news. No replies yet. I am trying to find out... what is the oldest a car may be for importation to Ukraine?

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
ANOTHER QUESTION....

What is the rule in Ukraine for right hand drive (RHD) cars?

Where can I find more information?

Hope someone can help.

M5Proud

Страна
Украина
Город
Киев
we have no additional rules for the rhd cars

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
1AQ

we have no additional rules for the rhd cars
Ahhhhh , THAT is why I could not find information. Thank you KGB!

OK. So, I buy car in England and bring to Ukraine. I live here but not resident.

What government department can I speak to in Ukraine to register the car here?

I understand 'Foreign' plates must go to border every 2 months for Passport stamp? CRAZY??? :yes:

Demian

Пользователь
Город
Киев
If im not mistaken - the registration of right handed cars is prohibited in Ukraine. U can only use it if u travel here as a tourist (non-resident) - for 2-3 months. So if You buy car abroad - You can transfer it here for temporary use as a non-resident, but You have to cross customs back and forth every period of 2 or 3 months.

The price of auto with official ukrainian customs clearance and registration can be two (or more) times the price of used auto in Europe.
e.g. bmw 5-8 years old 2.0L pricing eur 5k (in Europe) = 12k eur (with ukrainian registration and customs clearance)
or bmw 5-8 years old 4.0L pricing eur 10k (in Europe) = 31k eur (in Ukraine)

Here u may find online calculator for customs clearance: http://www.autoconsulting.com.ua/custom.php

Good luck and welcome!

Demian

Пользователь
Город
Киев
Ahhhhh , THAT is why I could not find information. Thank you KGB!

OK. So, I buy car in England and bring to Ukraine. I live here but not resident.

What government department can I speak to in Ukraine to register the car here?

I understand 'Foreign' plates must go to border every 2 months for Passport stamp? CRAZY??? :yes:

You pay customs clearance at the border when You enter the territory of Ukraine. In order to register a car You should inquire local auto inspection department of registration and examination (at the place of residention of a person, who obtain a registration of that car). It is called MREO (or "МРЕО" in Ukrainian). It exists in every district of the city.

The obligation to stamp a passport every two month for foreigners was introduced as our residents are fond of taking second citizenship of lets say Moldova and thus avoiding payng high customs clearance taxes. Its a weird and crazy thing, but this is Ukraine - You know.

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
You pay customs clearance at the border when You enter the territory of Ukraine. In order to register a car You should inquire local auto inspection department of registration and examination (at the place of residention of a person, who obtain a registration of that car). It is called MREO (or "МРЕО" in Ukrainian). It exists in every district of the city.

The obligation to stamp a passport every two month for foreigners was introduced as our residents are fond of taking second citizenship of lets say Moldova and thus avoiding payng high customs clearance taxes. Its a weird and crazy thing, but this is Ukraine - You know.

OH! Demian I am learning MUCH about crazy systems here such as visa extensions, MUCH WORK! But in a twisted way it is fun learning. Great to read your reply, I will NOT give up easily. Moldova, that interesting...tell me more. No tax or low tax??? My wife is interested.

RHD? Hmmm, buying in England may be out then, unless I keep going to the border for the next 10+ years. Oh well... a good way to travel around! Thank you for IDAI information Demian, I will inquire.

What about vehicle importers such as the Kiev BMW dealer? Or someone in Odessa? Anybody really.

Please all readers, I intend living here in the West of the country, beautiful. So different from dry old Australia! I have already made friends with neighbours and others. I find Ukrainian people very humble and friendly. So I ask for instructions of many things so I can learn, the language will take time though :blush::blush:
I wait for replies and say "дякую".

Demian

Пользователь
Город
Киев
OH! Demian I am learning MUCH about crazy systems here such as visa extensions, MUCH WORK! But in a twisted way it is fun learning. Great to read your reply, I will NOT give up easily. Moldova, that interesting...tell me more. No tax or low tax??? My wife is interested.

RHD? Hmmm, buying in England may be out then, unless I keep going to the border for the next 10+ years. Oh well... a good way to travel around! Thank you for IDAI information Demian, I will inquire.

What about vehicle importers such as the Kiev BMW dealer? Or someone in Odessa? Anybody really.

Please all readers, I intend living here in the West of the country, beautiful. So different from dry old Australia! I have already made friends with neighbours and others. I find Ukrainian people very humble and friendly. So I ask for instructions of many things so I can learn, the language will take time though :blush::blush:
I wait for replies and say "дякую".

As for Moldova - I meant - if one is non-resident of Ukraine, he doesn't have to pay customs clearance payments for the car (as I mentioned - 2+ times of real cost of such car in EU). And this is the only reason to save some money - especially for those who live near the border and can easily go to other country and thus obtain a stamp in passport. But general taxation of private business in Moldova is almighty hell! May be it is cheaper than in Ukraine, but it is as hard as hell to fight their bureaucracy - even minor things will make You insane. So if You are not planning to start a huge profitable business there - better choose Czech or Poland or some Baltic countries. Ukrainians are plain kiddies as compared with Moldavians in this case). To start business in Ukraine You have to understand the rules of the game first.

So if You live not far from the border (with Poland for example) and You feel that travelling there every 2 month is not a problem for You - You may use car from EU without registering it in Ukraine (but only You can drive the car - not Your wife). If money is not a problem for You - buy a car here and forget about this mess (new bmw here is even cheaper than in Germany ;) )

List of Ukrainian bmw dealers: http://www.bmw.ua/ua/en/general/ecom_uib/dealer_locator/content.html
Odessa dealer: http://www.bmw.ua/ua/en/general/ecom_uib/dealer_locator/odessa.html

Have luck obtaining your favourite ride!

Jim

Пользователь
Город
Ивано-Франковск
WANT to buy a car from a dealer or private seller:

WANT to buy a car from a dealer or private seller:
I WOULD LIKE TO BUY, E39, E60/61 $ 6,000 - $ 22,00 (Sedan - Touring) MUST have good condition, service history, customs clearance, 6-cylinder, black if possible, Sun roof, OBC computer, no accident damage , manual, automatic.

ХОТИТЕ КУПИТЬ автомобиля, от дилера или частного продавца:
Я ХОТЕЛ БЫ ПРИОБРЕСТИ, E39, E60/61 $ 6,000 - $ 22,00 (Sedan - Touring) должны иметь хорошие условия, история сервиса, таможенное оформление, 6-цилиндровый, черный, если возможно, Hatch, OBC компьютера, не случайно повреждения , ручной, автоматический.

v0r0n

Administrator
Город
Киев
BMW Club Ukraine kindly invites you to the XI International Festival which will be held on 15 June 2013 at the airfield of Chaika Sports Complex.

attachment.php

Last edited:

asdecoeur007

Пользователь
Город
Запорожье
Hello,

I am a new member living in Zaparojjie and would be happy to meet others members and to get adress to buy parts (I gavariu chyt chyt pa-rucki izik)

diakyiy balchoi

rinica

Пользователь
Страна
Украина
Город
Киев
Hello all,

thank you for having me and unfortunately my first post it is to ask for your help.
i'm leaving in Kiev and i owna BMW e60 525xd and i have a problem with the DPF. I went to BMW Bavaria oficial service and it seems that the filter is almost dead.
I had a problems with one of the sparks but that was fixed by them.
The price that they gave me to change it it's quite high so now i'm searching for a service to do it.

Can you recommend me one?

mad_dog

Пользователь
Город
Обухов
Hello all,
thank you for having me and unfortunately my first post it is to ask for your help.
i'm leaving in Kiev and i owna BMW e60 525xd and i have a problem with the DPF. I went to BMW Bavaria oficial service and it seems that the filter is almost dead.
I had a problems with one of the sparks but that was fixed by them.
The price that they gave me to change it it's quite high so now i'm searching for a service to do it.
Can you recommend me one?
Hi, please check pm.